PS21 2017 Photography Internship Program Application
PS21 High School Photography Internship gives a high school art student the chance to learn the field of dance photography by working with mentor David Lee taking photos of professional dance companies rehearsing and performing at PS21. The internship culminates in a public exhibit of the intern’s photographs.
Dates of Internship:
July 2017-February 2018
- Intern will meet with photography mentor, David Lee in June 2017 to review and talk about photography.
- Intern will go on a tour of PS21 venue and facilities.
- Intern will take photos using his/her own cameras and photographic equipment throughout the Chatham Dance Festival (August 4-Sept 2). Intern will take photos of the dance companies in rehearsal, workshops, and backstage.
- During the 2017 Dance Festival the intern will meet with David Lee once a week for an hour to review photos taken that week.
- In September and October the intern will meet with David Lee to discuss intern’s choices for a public show of selected photos from the summer.Final project to be prepared and presented in February.
- There will be costs associated with the final project that the intern will be responsible for. The costs will be determined by the interns choice of what they choose for the final project e.g. galley showing, zine, interactive media.
- Intern will own copyright on all of the photographs they take, but PS21 will be granted permission to use a select number of those photographs for publicity and archival purposes in perpetuity without a fee.
- The internship will culminate in a final project which will be shared with the public.
- Project mentor and internship advisory committee will evaluate final project with student.
- Complete the online application Photo Intern Application by June 1 st
- Submit a letter of recommendation from someone familiar with your photography.
- Submit up to 5-10 JPEGS up to 5MB with a minimum of 1920 pixels on the longest side.